Saturday 1 March 2008

Radio Star

As someone who is used to being on the radio on a Saturday morning you'd think that having the weekend off at home for my birthday would be a welcome treat. Especially with me not having to get up at stupid o'clock in the morning for the Cosner and Tibsy Show on Sheffield Universities Sure Radio.

However, whilst in the car on the way to play hockey for my Dad's team I was listening to the second best show on the radio (after my own of course), Fighting Talk on BBC Radio 5 Live. As a regular podcaster of the show I was pleased to catch the show live for a change, which gave me a chance to participate in their Question Two competition. This is where the panel give their answers to the shows second question and then presenter Colin Murray throws it open to the listeners to text or email in their suggestions.

This week it was for sports people as musical instruments. Ian Stone came up with the funniest on the panel by suggesting David Ginola as the French Horn. However, I had thought one up of my very own. I whipped out my phone and began to text away my witty retort.

After Lindsey Horne's match day travel report Colin started to read out a couple of the listener’s answers. Then I hear it, "Derby County are a recorder as they are easy to play", Murray said in his delightful Northern Irish brogue. But my delight was short lived when instead of hearing my own name, I hear some randoms.

Someone, equally as funny as me, had gotten in before me. The one time I tune in live and can text in my hilarious answer it was stolen from me. And to cap it all we got battered 8-0 in the hockey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Thomas you are so witty.